Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > vci CAN problems BRAND NEW MAXISYS 908!
vci CAN problems BRAND NEW MAXISYS 908!

3586 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2016-01-29 20:07:16

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    justenecalamayan
    2016-01-20 09:04:08
     I just purchaced this scan tool, as a gift for my self for the new years. So far ive used this unit for an e46 bmw, benz ML500 and for the bmw side it has been great!!! no complaints. the Benz side still had some modules i could not communicate with.

ive updated all of my maxisys makes and models and vci is to date.

my REAL problem is....

i tried to scan a Mercury mountaineer, i had no communication. in ALL MODULES!!

my matco MAXME communicated as will as did bidirectional functions., along with my cheapo code reader, obviously just read codes.

i also tried to communicate with a Ford E350, and guess what NO COMMUNICATION in all modules except PARKING AID. smh!!

my matco MAXME communicated great with all its bidirectional functions. cheapo code reader... of course communicated.

ive been communicating with support.. and basically support says, "BMW vehicles are not CAN one.....So it could be the VCI box. you might need to try a second VCI box to have a try. Please contact dealer to ask them to test this VCI box or replace this VCI box."

how can this be? im really impressed but not really impressed due to this issue. i bought this from my matco dealer and had to wait 1 week to get this product due to being from hawaii.

now ive tried updating my vci thourgh the pc suit and now its telling me i need to upgrade to pro version. I DO NOT WANT THE PRO VERSION. i have a drew technology cardaq M, that does not give me any issues what so ever.

what do i do now? wait for another VCI.

has anyone out ther have issues with communicating with fords or CAN with there "NEW" maxisys.

i need this to be fixed immediatly and support from china is taking too long to get back to me.

if there is anybody out there that can help me.

thank you so much... im trying really hard not to complain. i really love this tool, but if this vci is defective...then whats it good for. thanks again.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-01-20 11:25:10 (Reply to:justenecalamayan)

As you can't get communication with cars, even with EOBD, so we guess it is the problem of the hardware communication problem:
    1. Please check the Main cable, whether there is PIN damaged in the connector.
    2. Check the VCI, please use the wired cable to connect your Maxisys with your VCI to have a test.
    3. If you are in US, you can contact our Autel US office for changing another VCI to have a try. Please contact ussupport@autel.com.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-01-20 18:23:50 (Reply to:Support02)

Support, I Thought you once mentioned that once you pair a Maxi Flash Pro J2534 VCI to a regular Maxi Sys that it becomes a Maxi Sys Pro and there  is no going back to it being a regular Maxi Sys again because updates for Pro generally cost several hundred dollars more. Please,  if there is a way to go back for others that have made a regular Maxi Sys into a Maxi Sys Pro by pairing a Maxi Flash Pro to it that want to go back to their old VCI once again to be a  regular Maxi Sys and save on some updating cost ( if they don't see enough BMW and Mercedes programming to justify extra expense ) please advise.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-01-21 08:33:54 (Reply to:witsend)

Hi Witsend, your understanding is right. Once the Maxisys has been upgraded to Maxisys Pro, there is no way to go back.

The device of the above customer is Maxisys with the blue box, which is not J2534.

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    justenecalamayan
    2016-01-29 20:07:16
     Got my maxisys back from warranty... rescanned the vehicles i was having issues with....WOW. This tool did what i needed it to do. support was right, A faulty VCI wireless interface unit. Keep in mind, my tool was just 3 days old. apparently it came with a faulty VCI. which is still kinda strange to me, but all as well now. a few things to say about customer service...

i waited patiently for a response back from support when the initial issue happened, and since i was talking to support in china i really had to be patient. imagine spending grands in a tool and 2 days later something isnt working. how would that make you feel. its hard to be patient. any who, after the back and forth emails, they (china support) narrowed it down to a faulty VCI. they then sent a request to the US autel support team to send me another VCI unit. INSTEAD of sending me a new VCI they wanted me to send both the scanner and the wireless interface, which is fine...but why waste my time chat chitting with china support for them to pinpoint the issue only for me to wait another week to get my investment back. 

according to Support in NY they said...
    to save time and money its better to send both the scanner and the vci to verify the concern and to fix it right the first time. imagine if we sent you the vci and it didnt work? its wasting time and money. 

my response to this is...
    why did i just waste my time and money emailing china support, when they told me exactly whats wrong and still i had to ship my BRAND NEW scanner to NY at my cost.....(because if they were to pay for shipping to and from hawaii it would have to be GROUND shipping which couldve took, idk possibly 2-3 weeks) they told me they will match my shipping but still, the fact that i needed to pay overnight shipping for them to ship it over night back to me is just ridiculous. 

they also said..
    "dont you have another scanner for the time being?"

WTF? thats irrelevant 
    i could still communicate with BMWs, MB.. and any other non CAN systems with the faulty VCI. 

any ways i did what ever they ask me to do and the results were to be expected... just the time and the way they handled the situation was just not acceptable for me especially when its BRAND NEW. 

now makes me wonder, if they are so cheap on taking care of shipping.. i can only imagine.. what kind of parts they used to build this thing...

granted they got my issue fixed, and now im up and running... but in this industry, time is MONEY, and i dont have alot of time... or money. HA

THANK YOU SUPPORT FOR .....idk what to say... fixing my investment??? Thanks i guess..ITS BRAND NEW!
  Total1 Pages